How to change Wi-Fi username?
Ways to change the Wi-Fi username
Default gateway IP address differs with brands. Default IP address list
Router Settings - Ways to get started with routers
Here we gonna discuss how to change the name of the Wi-Fi. Everyone at some point will definitely think to change the name of the Wi-Fi. But most of the users don't know how to change the Wi-Fi name.
Here is the tutorial that will help you change the name of the Wi-Fi with ease.Before moving on to the settings page we need to understand that Wi-Fi network is also known as Service set identifier or SSID.
- First of all you should find the default router gateway address of your router. ( It can be found at the back of your router )
- Login to your router as administrator or with the default credentials.
- Now go to the settings menu and check for the options "SSID" or "WiFi"
- There you can change the name for your Wi-Fi router
- This is optional but you can rename the Wi-Fi name with some different names to impress the people who searches for Wi-Fi around you.
Now we shall also see how to change the password of the Wi-Fi router. There are two ways of changing the password. Either way you need a password before hand to change the password of the router. If you are new and changing the password of the router then you need to have the default admin username and password for the system. It can be found at the back of the router or if you need to change the password that you have already changed then you need to remember the old password.
Steps to change the old password for the router:
- Open up the router settings page using the default IP address gateway.
- Login to the router settings page as admin.
- Search for the option as "Security". We can't pinpoint the location since it differs for different routers.
- Also check once that the mode is set for "WPA2".
- Now enter a new strong password that you could remember easily.
Now restart the router. Whatever the changes you make in the router settings page will take effect only if you restart the server.
Confused about setting your Wi-Fi password? Here we give you some suggestions that you can use up to generate the password for your Wi-Fi. Below are the hints for good Wi-Fi password.
- Make your passwords to be unique and not some random common names.
- Under any circumstance don't share your password with any person. It may lead to compromise of the router security.
- Make sure to use a longer password with the combination of special characters and numbers.
- Hackers will use brute force attack from dictionary so make sure not to use the said in are in dictionary.
The below instructions are to set your Wi-Fi username.
- Make the name clear and easy to understand. You can also sarcastic names.
- Make sure that your username don't appear like public Wi-Fi name. If it appeares like that then many people will try to connect and it may interfer with your bandwidth.
- Also don't give any personal information through the Wi-Fi name.
If you have any more doubts regarding this then make sure to ask us. We'll help you to solve the same.
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQ
Every router brand will definitely have a default IP address. You need to get that IP address and paste it in the browser address bar to open the router settings page.
To access the settings page of the router we need to have the admin credentials for it. You can find it at the back of the router.
First of all you have to login to the router settings page. If you have the admin credentials login to the router settings pagae and change the Wi-Fi crdentials.
You can get your Wi-Fi password in the router settings page. There will be a button to unhide the previous password given. Click on the unhide button to reveal the password.
Like the above answer you need to login to the router settings page to change your username and password.
Your Wi-Fi password can be found at the router settings page. You can view it by opening the settings page using the admin credentials.
Still facing issues or problems in router settings? Message us by clicking here.
Note : We are in no way related to any Router company and all the brand name and trademarks belong to the respective owners.